4 Simple and Delicious Marinades to Try
Written by: Blaine Ward, Marketing Team / Blogger
The weather is warming up and cookout season is upon us. This summer, why not add a little extra flavor to your grass-fed beef with some delicious marinades. Impressing the neighbors has never been easier. I've found 4 simple, but delicious marinades for you to try the next time you fire up the grill.
Let's start off with a Paleo Steak Marinade by real simple good. This marinade is gluten free and Whole30, not to mention it only takes about 5 minutes to throw together. This marinade is great for tougher steaks like flank, skirt, and flat iron.
Paleo Steak Marinade (Gluten Free + Whole30) - Real Simple Good
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 Tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Combine all of the ingredients in a zip top bag or shallow dish and mix well.
- Add in your steak (or other meat) and mix everything to get the meat coated well with the marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 24 hours.
Next, I've found a marinade that only uses 3 ingredients! It doesn't get much easier than that. Not only is it easy and affordable to make, but it also packs a lot of flavor!
Easy Steak Marinade - The Best Marinade for Steak - Eating on a Dime
- 1/4 cup oil (vegetable or olive oil will work)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2/3 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- Mix everything in a bowl.
- Place steak in ziplock baggie.
- Pour marinade over the steaks. Seal and toss steak around.
- Place in the fridge overnight.
- When you are ready to cook, season the steaks with salt and pepper before cooking.
- Allow steaks to rest 5 minutes before serving.
Who doesn't love a good Flank Steak? Thanks to Peanut Butter Runner you can enjoy this flavorful and healthy recipe with very little prep work.
The Best Simple Flank Steak Marinade (peanutbutterrunner.com)
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Freshly ground pepper
- Flank steak or london broil
- Whisk all ingredients together in bowl.
- Place steak in plastic bag and pour marinade in.
- Squeeze out access air and seal tightly in bag.
- Place in refrigerator and let marinade over night.
Last but not least, probably the most flavor packed marinade out of the four is a bourbon marinade by Garlic & Zest.
Brown Sugar Bourbon Marinade for Steak, Chicken & Pork - Garlic & Zest (garlicandzest.com)
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup Jim Beam or other bourbon please don't use the good stuff.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- Combine the garlic, brown sugar, soy sauce, bourbon, olive oil, red pepper flakes and black pepper in a medium bowl and whisk until the brown sugar is mostly dissolved.
- Use this marinade for chicken pieces or breasts, pork chops, pork tenderloin beef flank steak, london broil, sirloin or any other cut you'd normally marinate.
- Marinate for at least 60 minutes or up to overnight to really penetrate.
Not only can you enjoy delicious grass-fed meats delivered straight to your door, but now you can also add a little extra flavor with very little hassle. You may even already have these ingredients in your kitchen, saving you a trip to the store. We would love to hear back on what you thought about these marinades and if you have any of your own go-to favorites. Enjoy!